Can my computer handle “Gig” service?
What is Required:
– Gigabit Network Adapter
– Cat5e or Cat6 ethernet cable (not Cat5)
– Latest version of Windows (Windows 10 is the most recent, Windows 7 will be end of life as of 01-14-2020)
– Latest version of Mac OS X (OS X 10.15 Catalina is the most recent as of Oct 2019, Apple usually only continues to support the 2 most recent versions of their OS)
The reason we want you to be on the most recent version of your operating system (Windows or Mac) is to make sure your computer is up to date with the latest patches to ensure the least amount of vulnerability for your machine. Hackers just love a vulnerable machine on a fast connection so they can quickly and easily compromise your system.
– Dual-core CPU 2.0Ghz or better
– Solid State Drive (SSD) with enough storage space for the operating system as well as any programs, user files and temporary files. Most people are fine with 64GB – 120GB as a minimum.
– 4GB+ of RAM