COVID-19 Note: If you are currently unemployed due to COVID-19, you may qualify for the Oregon Lifeline program by using your unemployment benefit letter as proof of household income through February 28, 2021. It must include your name, address, effective date or end date, and amount of benefit. In addition, if you are experiencing difficulties paying your telephone or broadband bill, please contact customer service to set up time payment arrangements.
Oregon Lifeline is a federal and state government program that reduces the monthly cost of phone or broadband service for qualifying low-income Oregon households. If you qualify, you could get one of the following benefits of the program with a participating service provider in your area:
- Receive a discount on your phone bill of up to $19.25 per month;
- Receive a discount on your broadband bill of up to $21.25 per month; or
Federal and state regulations limit the Lifeline benefit to one person per household for phone or broadband service. Discount amounts are subject to change.
You may qualify for Oregon Lifeline if you receive one of the following benefits:
No Documentation Required:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
View a listing of the required documentation.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans or Survivors Pension Benefit
- Total household income is at or below 135 percent of federal poverty guidelines*
Contact the Oregon Public Utility Commission
Phone hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm