Overall summary about “Gig” service…
– Verify your router can support speeds for “Gig” service.
– Make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements.
– Proper cable type is important. Be sure to use Cat5e or Cat6 cables for your hardwired connections (not Cat5).
– Use hardwired connections where ever possible.
– Wireless will not support the full speed of “Gig” service, but you can still get excellent speeds depending on your device, router and other factors.
– “Gig” service is the internet speed coming into your home, not what each device is going to get when the speeds are shared amongst all the devices that are connected to your network.