Wireless Router Troubleshooting
Here are some tricks you can have up your sleeve to make sure your Wi-Fi signal stays strong and fast.
Make sure your router is in a good location
- Place at least 5 to 7 feet off the ground.
- Place near the center of your home so it reaches the maximum area possible.
- Choose an open location. The fewer walls, the better.
- When in doubt, reboot. Routers, like a computer or smartphone, may require a restart. Just unplug the power from the router, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. Give it up to 5 minutes to reboot before testing your Wi-Fi connection again,
Avoid items that can affect wireless connection
- Avoid placing behind TV and media components.
- Stay away from enclosed consoles with heat-producing appliances.
- Steer clear of basic home appliances like a cordless phone or microwave.
- Stay away from metal enclosures and larger metal objects.
- Do not stack items on top of router.
Test your router
In Mesquite http://test.rconnects.com
In all other areas http://speed.rconnects.com